As we are coming into the home stretch to going live for our Round Two districts (Cloverleaf and Brunswick), we would like to offer some tips for a successful payroll parallel:
- Make sure you have all of the necessary staff available the week of your payroll parallel. Your trainer will serve as a floater.
- Make sure that each staff member has access to dual monitors. It will be important for them to be logged into both State Software and eFinancePLUS at the same time so that they can compare the data between the two systems.
- Print a pay journal in name order from State Software prior to the start of the parallel.
- It is recommended that your pay runs are numbered 001, 002, 003 etc.
- It is recommended that your payroll descriptions are yearmonthday; example 20160916.
- Do not clear month or quarter totals until you have completed running STRS, SERS, and all reports.
- Familiar yourself with all pre-calc and pay calc reports. Note: The reports for pre-calc and pay calc are different.
- Create a file to save all payroll reports in. You will need to access these reports for your auditor.
- Recommendation is 2 pre-notes to the bank prior to parallel payroll. Bank needs to verify receipt of file and information.
- Do not go past “pre-calc” in your “live” environment. Your files will need to be copied over to your “test” environment to continue beyond “pre-calc” in your parallel.
If you are thinking of making the move to eFinancePLUS (eFP), below are some benefits and tips to preparing for the migration:
Benefits of a Statewide Support System:
- Build and maintain a communities of best practice around ERP adoption, implementation, and ongoing use
- Centralized “Ohio” shared hosting model
- Economies of scale to reduce overall cost of the program
- eFinancePLUS Advisory Committee (eFAC)
- High adoption rate by school districts
- ITC University – Ohio Specific
- Local support by your ITC and neighboring school districts
- Shared repository for state reports
Facts and Figures:
- 51 districts currently implementing eFinancePLUS
- 12 of 21 Round 1 districts are now LIVE on eFinancePLUS
- 11 districts are committed to Round 3
- Average cost is $3.00 per student plus a $20K implementation fee
- 12 of 18 ITC’s are currently implementing eFP they include; ACCESS, HCC, LACA, LGCA, META, MVECA, NEOMIN, NEONET, NWOCA, SPARCC*, TCCSA, & WOCO
What You Can Start Doing Now? – Building a Platform for Success
- Begin reviewing a district specific project plan including responsibilities, expectations, and timelines
- Begin working with NEOnet to “cleanup” your old data
- Document any potential pain points
- Gather forms including purchase order, checks, and direct deposit
- Examine chart of accounts
- Obtain calendars and salary schedules
- Review School Districts central office business processes
- Review deduction/benefit codes for old or unused ones
5/16/2017 Open Lab 9:00 - 3:00
6/2/2017 USPS FYE Meeting 9:00 - 11:00
6/2/2017 USAS FYE Meeting 1:00 - 3:00