NEOnet- Did you know?
Every month we offer a NEOnet organizational fun fact you may have never known!
During the start of the recent school year, NEOnet supported 19K clients daily on our wireless service.
All trainings are currently being held Webinar. Please look for the connection details on the calendar appointment or reach out to us.
To sign up click here: https://portal.neonet.org/calendar/month
11/19/20 ODE EMIS Training 9:00 AM-11:00 AM
11/20/20 ODE EMIS Training 9:00 AM-11:00 AM
11/23/20 EMIS Alliance- Federal Child Count Reports 9:00 AM
12/10/20 Gradebook Roundtable 9:00 AM
12/10/20 DASL Roundtable 10:00 AM
If you have not registered for one of the ODE/EMIS Trainings these dates are still available.
- Thursday, 11/19/20 9:00am – 11:00 am Registration deadline (12:pm) 11/17/20
- Friday, 11/20/20 9:00am – 11:00 am Registration deadline (12:pm) 11/18/20
NEOnet will be hosting Troubleshooting FCC Reports on Monday, November 23 from 9-11 am.
Reminder to please submit your staff/course collection if you have not already done so. ODE plans to pull data for CTE funding on Monday Nov. 30th, so it is important to submit before Thanksgiving break.
Teacher and Staff Reports available in the Secure Data Center
Secure Data Warehouse > Reports Home > Reports for Analysis > Teachers & Staff
Reports listed below are available in the SDC and display data from the L collection.
- District Degree Profile - Principal
- District Degree Profile - Teacher
- District Teacher Certification
- Principal Experience
- School Degree Profile – Principal
- School Degree Profile - Teacher
- School Teacher Certification
- Teacher Experience
- Teacher Salary Report
Click on the different reports listed to get numbers, percentages and other useful data to share with your district. Below is what the School Degree Profile- Teacher looks like.
To drill on information, click on any hyperlink under Staff Degree Class.
Then you will see who the two are after clicking on Associate.
Transfer Student Marks from Class to Class
- On the Teacher Home Page or Class Dashboard, click Transfer Student Marks.
- On the Assignment Mark Transfer Tool screen, select the new class in the Select the class that the student has transferred TO list.
- Select the appropriate student in the Select the student who has transferred list.
- Select the original class in the Select the class that the student has transferred FROM list.
- Select the appropriate grading period or date range in the Select the period or date range of the assignments to transfer list.
The appropriate dates display in the date range fields.
- Click Check Compatibility.
- Click Transfer the Marks.
The message, “The marks were transferred successfully!” displays if the process was completed successfully.
GradeBook recommends the best option to use based on the assignment setup used in both classes. The recommendation displays in the Recommendation box on the left side of the screen. If the classes use standards-based report cards GradeBook recommends to use the Student Progress Report.
When transferring a Students Marks the assignments that were Google Classroom Sync or Canvas, will not transfer as individual assignments but as one overall assignment.
Frontline Collaboration Portal
This is just a reminder that documents that are sitting in Review over 48 hours become void. Staff should be monitoring this regularly to make sure all documents are signed in a timely manner.
Documents not signed by the parent within 48 hours, will need to be taken out of Review and resent or find another way to get signatures.
Document Sitting in Review
To find documents in Review go to the Dashboard and set the following preferences: Status: In Review and Due: All
Taking a document out of Review
To take a document out of Review, click on the document from the Dashboard or the Student Education tab. This will open the document and give you the option to remove from Review. Click on the In Review icon to open the document and stop Reviewing. This will put the document back into Open Document.
Please let Denise Marrali (Marrali[at]NEOnet[dot]org) or Bethany Ladich (Ladich[at]NEOnet[dot]org) know if you have any questions or issues taking a document out of Review.
Ensuring your data is up-to-date is significant for DataMap. Confirm your Fall benchmark data has been loaded such as STAR, CogAT/IOWA, District Assessment data. A few third-party assessments have changed their file layout, these will be corrected in DataMap in a later release however, the assessment listed below have the following file format changes:
- NWEA MAP
- File format modification:
- Change Heading:
- Subject to Discipline
- LexileScore to RITtoReadingScore
- Change in Discipline Column
- Acadience DIBELS Next
- We are waiting on confirmation of necessary modification
Just as important as keeping your data up-to-date, so is confirming all your students have been ‘matched’. In many instances a student may have a hyphen, apostrophe, or a suffix that does not match perfectly from the assessment company data to DataMap.
- Verify your students have been matched by navigating to: Admin > Manage Assessments Scores
- Hover over the assessment rows until you find a bold arrows.
- Click arrows to view a list of students to match from the assessment file to the student in DataMap.
- Hover over the student row, click to match the individual student.
- The information from the test assessment will display.
- You may modify any of the information to find the correct student such as: the student’s name by removing partial information such as the Jr. or the entire first and/or last name or in many cases the birthdate is incorrect in the testing file, remove the birthdate. Click Find
- Hover over the correct student in the list. Click the checkmark to load the data for the student.
- Repeat until all students have been matched.
Please contact NEOnet at StudentHelp[at]NEOnet[dot]com if you have any questions or difficulty loading your data or matching your students. We are always more than happy to help.
Are you struggling creating online Matching or Drag & Drop assignments for your students to complete? Do your students struggling completing the online worksheets you spend so much time creating?
VirtualClassroom is an LMS with many great features and free to begin using today! VirtualClassroom is part of the GradeBook, fully integrated with the entire ProgressBook Suite! The online assignments from VirtualClassroom will instantly appear in the student’s ProgressBook account (ParentAccess) as the teacher publishes the assignment. As the students complete the assignment the marks will automatically update into the assignment in the teacher’s gradebook. There is no worries that the students will not get the assignment, no need to sync assignments, no worries that marks will be missed. All Online Assignments from all of the student’s classes will display in the student’s ProgressBook account on the Planner, Dashboard, Grades, and Activities pages! The students may start the Online Assignment from any of these pages! Teacher also have the advantage of being able to view the actual Online Assignment as the student works on the assignment, prior to the student completing the assignment!
Creating online matching or drag & drop assignments for your student is simple and easy to complete. Districts using Google Classroom, no worries. Assignments from VirtualClassroom may be linked from Google Classroom directly to ParentAccess for students to complete. Just the click of the mouse from Google Classroom will take the student directly to the assignment in ParentAccess. AND the grades will flow directly to the teacher’s gradebook.
Please contact NEOnet at studenthelp[at]neonet[dot]org or (330) 926-3900 x601112 for a customized demo for your district!