NEOnet- Did you know?
Every month we offer a NEOnet organizational fun fact you may have never known!
NEOnet has a Makerspace that is open to district staff so they can experiment with STEAM activities for their classrooms
All training will be held in the NEOnet Lab (unless otherwise stated) Please sign up using our calendar links:
11/19/19 - EMIS Alliance Troubleshootinig FCC Reports 9:00 AM - 12:00 PM
11/19/19 ODE/ITC EMIS Training 1:00 PM - 3:00 PM Room B
11/21/19 Student Services Open Lab 1:00 PM - 3:00 PM
11/27/19 Student Services Open Lab 1:00 PM - 3:00 PM
12/4/19- DASL/GradeBook Admin Roundtable- NEOnet Room B- 9:00 AM -11:30 AM
12/4/19- Student Services Open Lab 1:00 PM-3:00 PM
12/11/19- Ad Hoc Reports for Beginners 1:00 PM-3:00 PM
12/12/19- Student Services Open Lab 9:00 AM -11:00 AM
12/19/19- Ad Hoc Reports for Intermediate 9:00 AM-11:00 AM
DASL (Student Information) Update
Remember that you can create Pre-Identification files for students needing to re-take the End of Course exams but are not currently enrolled in the tested course. Before running the export, you’ll need to create an ad-hoc membership group for each subject area that students are retaking the EOC and you wish to include in the Pre-ID file. At My Account-Ad Hoc Memberships, to assist with creating the ad-hoc membership there is an Assessment Info tab to help identify students whose Performance points are below a certain level. Once the ad-hoc membership is created you can use it at Management-Import/Export-Pre-Identification Export. Click on the subject area you wish to begin making selections. Once selected, an option to include an ad-hoc membership of students retaking the EOC but not currently in the course can be selected to include in the export.
Keeping your data up-to-date is vital for DataMap. Fall benchmark data should be loaded such as MAP, STAR, AIMSWeb. Many districts have received their testing results for IOWA/CogAT and loaded in DataMap as well. Ensure your ACT/SAT scores are also kept up-to-date. EVAAS is now available to download from SAS for the 19/20 school year to load the Student Projection scores in DataMap.
Just as important as keeping your data up-to-date, so is confirming all your students have been ‘matched’. In many instances a student may have a hyphen, apostrophe, or a suffix that does not match perfectly from the assessment company data to StudentInformation/DASL.
- Verify your students have been matched by navigating to: Admin > Manage Assessments Scores
- Hover over the assessment rows until you find a bold
- Click the to view a list of students to match from the assessment file to the student in StudentInformation.
- Hover over the student row, click to match the individual student.
- The information from the test assessment will display.
- You may modify any of the information to find the correct student such as: the student’s name by removing partial information such as the Jr. or the entire first and/or last name or in many cases the birthdate is incorrect in the testing file, remove the birthdate. Click Find
- Hover over the correct student in the list. Click the checkmark to load the data for the student.
- Repeat until all students have been matched.
Please contact NEOnet at studenthelp[at]neonet[dot]org if you have any questions or difficulty loading your data or matching your students. We are always more than happy to help.
ProgressBook GradeBook Update
Just a reminder – the Copy/Clear marks feature that was available in the prior GradeBook Grid is STILL available! Right click in the first mark box, and you will see Fill Column and Clear Column.
To customize the view of your GradeBook Grid, click the Gear in the top right corner. Here you can change the view of the GradeBook Grid with the preferences listed. Be sure to save!
Special Services Update
The team is moving forward with migrating districts to the new Sps Refresh. This past week Twinsburg migrated their software and trained over 50 staff members. Bethany and Denise have been contacting districts and setting up migration dates. The goal is to move as many districts voluntarily over before the end of the school year. The remaining schools will all migrate over for the 2020-2021 school year.
Special Services Refresh Release 19.3
The 19.3 Release brought changes to the software and include the following:
- The ability to turn on and off District Configuration Settings
- The Manifestation Determination has been added to the 504 Plan as an Additional Form
- The Student Profile Special Education section now has the following features added:
- Create New Document
- Disability Code
- Gifted Identification
- Most Recent IEP Summary