All training will be held in the NEOnet Lab (unless otherwise stated) Please sign up using our calendar links: https://neonet.org/calendar/month/2017-02
2/2/17- DASL SYI for 17/18 9:00-11:30 AM
2/2/17 – STUDENT SERVICES Open Lab 12:30 PM -2:30 PM
2/6/17- Ad-Hoc Report Builder Training 9:00-11:00
2/7/17- DASL SYI for 17/18 12:30-3:00 PM
2/7/17- NEOnet Open House 3:00-6:00 PM View page 2 for more info!
2/9/17- Public Course Request 9:00-10:30 AM
2/17/17- DASL SYI for 17/18 9:00-11:30 AM
2/17/17 – STUDENT SERVICES Open Lab 12:30 PM -2:30 PM
2/22/17 DASL Batch Scheduler 1:00-3:00 PM
2/24/17 Calendar EMIS Exception 1:00-3:00 PM
- Please join us in welcoming our new Student Services Support Specialist, Bethany Ladich. Bethany's primary role on the team will be supporting districts on ProgressBook Gradebook and Special Services. Her email address is ladich[at]neonet[dot]org and her extension 601138.
- NEOnet will having an Open House on February 7th beginning at 3:00 PM. This is an opportunity to see our newly renovated space and/or listen to an open panel discussion with high school students on how they feel technology impacts their learning. For a complete schedule view page 2 of this document. If you plan on attending we ask that you RSVP to martin[at]neonet[dot]org.
- The ProgressBook Suite Retreat will be March 13-14 at Hilton Columbus at Easton. For more information click here. As a reminder the NEOnet Student team will be in attendance and will share what we learned in our Spring user group meetings for those who cannot attend in Columbus.
- Users may occasionaly notice a new page curl on the ProgressBook Suite login page. This curl was added by Software Answers, and the information that is displayed is controlled by Software Answers (the creators of ProgressBook). Should you have any questions please contact studenthelp[at]neonet[dot]org
DASL (Student Information) Update
The screen to create Ad Hoc Memberships now includes an Assessment Info tab. The tab includes the following filter fields: Assessments in the following Date Range, Assessment Area, and Performance Level. This feature will help assist in the creation of End of Course Pre-Ids for student needing to retake. In DASL the checklist called ‘Preident for End Of Course Exports’ has been updated to include these steps. Below is a summarized version:
Go to My account>Ad-Hoc memberships to create a new membership.There users will see a new tab on the membership selection features called Assessment Info.
Users can use this tab to search for students that you believe should retake the assessments. From there you can search for students that took an assessment in a particular date range and/or in a specific assessment area and performance level.Example: If you do not select a date range and just enter Assessment Area EOC ELA1 and a Performance Level of 2 and 1, it will give you a list of students who scored a 2 or 1 on the exam.Note on the Performance Level dropdown you can click multiple values at the same time.
Click ‘Add Selected Students’ to your ad hoc.
Make sure you then scroll to the bottom and SAVE the membership
5. Next, navigate to the pre-id for the EOC export screen at Management>Import/Export>Pre-Identification Export.
6. Choose the building which will activate the available subject areas.Since the example above is ELA1 retakes, the screen shot will show a high school building with the English Language Arts 1 field.
7. Click on the Ad Hoc Membership where it says ‘No Membership Selected’ and choose your Ad-Hoc membership.Example: chose EOC Retake ELA1.
8. From here, you can also choose students currently enrolled in the available courses.
9, Choose paper or online, click Add.
10. Continue with adding other courses for Pre-Id's or scroll to the bottom and click Export
Note: The students from your Ad-Hoc are included with the other students in the export.
Student Information EMIS Updates & Tips:
Civil Rights updates are currently in development and expected to be released in February.
FY17 S EMIS Checklist for Traditional 2nd window and Community/Stem Final window has been updated in DASL documentation.
TIP: If you are trying to import your KRA file and it returns an error please check the following:
Search the import file for ‘ERROR’ and remove any records with word ‘ERROR’ in them
Verify the file is complete and current from testing vendor, some partial files were released
Import file must be in .csv format
Column A of the import file should be labeled ‘state_student_id’, not ‘download_link’
End of Course Exams- Below are examples how to Report Score Not Reported reasons W, X, and Y. Please NOTE the samples have example scores and performance levels. To view how to translate a students mark recieved in a course to a score/point value click here.
Example of Score Not Reported ‘W’ –Course taken for high school credit prior to assessment availability
Example of Score Not Reported ‘X’- Grad credit received for completion of dual credit course (CCP)
Score Not Reported ‘Y’ –Student transferred in from out of state or home school
Accommodations value should be ‘**’ when Score Not Reported = Y
Note: This option is not to be used for students transferring to a public school from a chartered non-public school in Ohio.
ProgressBook GradeBook Update
Daily Student Comments
On the class roster, there is a paper and pencil icon next to the student’s name where daily comments can be entered as well as printed on Student Progress Reports.
These comments can be posted to the web for parents if publish to the web is checked.
On Student Progress Reports, if this box is checked, these comments will appear.
Special Services Update
Just a reminder that, you can set a student’s demographic information, such as a second parent contact information and school district of residence in Student Properties. This information flows to multiple forms, including forms in open tasks such as the Cover Page. To access Student Properties:
On the Open Tasks screen, select the Student whose demographic information you want to set.
Click Student Properties - Student Properties popups in a new window
3. Select the appropriate information in the drop-down lists.This is where a second parent contact can be added, add or remove parent phone or email contact, identify Disability, and change District of Service (for Career Centers only).
Note: Address information and parent contact information reads live from StudentInformation (DASL)
Note: to update information other than parent contacts, make the changes in StudentInformation. The new values are then updated in SpecialServices during nightly integration process. The exception is student address information, which is updated live.
4. Click Save Properties