700 Graham Rd
Cuyahoga Falls, OH 44221
Tyler-Munis Software Update
A recent communication regarding the Tyler-Munis implementation project is below. Until the agreement is finalized implementation has been put on hold.
Dear MUNIS School District:
We are writing to inform you that the MUNIS project initial implementation date of January 1, 2015 has been delayed with a target start date in the 1st quarter of 2015 to begin Wave 1. While this may impact start dates the overall project timeline will be adjusted within existing schedule or extended. This is due to finalization of the MCOECN/OASBO’s agreement with Tyler. The MCOECN/OASBO partnership and Tyler are working to resolve differences in the agreements. Until these differences are resolved we cannot move forward with the project.
In November we were successful installing MUNIS on the MCOECN servers. We are working with Tyler to assure the process is efficient and effective with the necessary support from Tyler. The OASBO/MCOECN have engaged AXIA Consulting to assist in aligning the implementation planning and project management tasks. The MCOECN staff and AXIA have proposed a plan to resolve the issues with Tyler on the hosting and implementation. We expect to finalize this plan with Tyler soon and provide updates to participants as soon as we can.
Wave 2 participants – please note that all districts that submitted applications remain candidates for Wave 2 at this point in time.
In the short-term, if you have any questions, please contact either Sam Orth at (orth[at]mcoecn[dot]org) or David Varda (David[at]oasbo-ohio[dot]org) if there are any questions.
Thank you and Happy Holidays,
Sam Orth and David Varda
OSDI Payments Must Be Made Electronically
Starting this January, employers filing in the state of Ohio will be required to use the Ohio Business Gateway (OBG) to file and remit payment for state and school district income tax withholding returns, according to the Ohio Department of Taxation. The new rule OAC 5703-7-19, was finalized earlier this month and will go into effect on Jan. 1, 2015. The entire code reads as follows;
5703-7-19 All employer withholding and school district employer withholding taxpayers must file and pay electronically.
(A) Except as provided in paragraph (B) of this rule, effective January 1, 2015, each person required to file employer income tax withholding returns and school district employer income tax withholding returns shall file such returns and remit such payments of the tax liability as follows:
(2) The payment for employer income tax withholding shall be made electronically using Ohio business gateway as defined in section 718.051 of the Revised Code, by the manner prescribed by rules adopted by the treasurer of state under section 113.061 of the Revised Code, or by any other electronic means prescribed by the commissioner.
(3) The payment for school district employer income tax withholding shall be made electronically using Ohio business gateway as defined in section 718.051 of the Revised Code or by any other electronic means prescribed by the commissioner.
(1) Any person may apply to the commissioner to be excused from the requirement to file and pay electronically under paragraph (A) of this rule as authorized pursuant to division (D) of section 5703.059 of the Revised Code. If a form is prescribed by the commissioner for such purpose, which shall be posted on the department of taxation's web site, the person shall complete such form.
(2) The commissioner will notify the person in writing of the commissioner's decision. Unless an earlier date is specified in the notice, the excuse shall continue to apply until revoked in writing by the commissioner. The denial or revocation of an excuse under this paragraph is not a final determination of the commissioner and is not subject to further appeal.
(3) Nothing in this rule affects any person's obligation to timely file all returns and timely pay all amounts required by Chapter 5747. of the Revised Code.
The optional 5 year forecast reporting period is currently under way and the manifest has been added to the SIFWorks Data Collector. If your district has made changes to your forecast that you would like to submit, the period will be open from 11/7/14 – 3/31/15. If you need assistance just e-mail the fiscal team at fiscal[at]neonet[dot]org and we will assist you with submission. The following are the specific details that ODE has communicated for this release.
Collection optional for all city, exempted village, local, and joint vocational school districts. Five year forecast is a financial projection which consists of three years of historical data, projections for the current year and four ensuing years, the ADM forecast, and a summary of key assumptions. This collection request is for the additional/optional school year submission(s) each year. Source file(s) for the QF and QN record types must be uploaded in EMIS Chapter 5 format through the Data Collector Data Sources tab.
Collection Request Planned Release Version: 1
Planned Availability Date: 11/7/2014
Submission Date Range: 11/7/2014-3/31/2015
Organization Types That Must Report: None –this is an optional update
Major Change from Prior FY Version? Only the date range for the submissions changed to refelect the optional submission timeframe.
Data Sources Supported: Non‐SIF flat file format, per Chapter 5
Level 1 Reports Included: No Level 1 reports are included
Outstanding Issues: No Outstanding issues are known
Release Note Date: 11/26/2014
Civil Rights Data Collection (CRDC) 2013-2014
The Civil Rights Data Collection (CRDC) is a biennial (i.e. every other school year) survey required by the US Department of Education's Office for Civil Rights (OCR). Detailed information regarding the CRDC reporting is found at;
Section XII of the reporting instructions includes data regarding school expenditures. In particular, lines 40 and 44 deal with non-personnel expenditures. Follow this link - 2013-2014 CRDC for step-by-step instructions showing how to generate the data needed for these two lines.
Be sure to first review the Civil Rights reporting instructions at the beginning of Section XII in addition to the specific instructions for lines 40 and 44 before beginning this procedure.
December 18th, 2014 - Treasurers Operating Committee Meeting from 12:00 to 2:00
December 19th, 2014 – USAS Year End Meeting at 9:00
January 13th, 2015 – Board of Directors Meeting from 9:00 to 11:00
January 29th, 2015 Insurance Committee Meeting at 1:30