700 Graham Rd
Cuyahoga Falls, OH 44221
All training will be held in the NEOnet Lab (unless otherwise stated)
1/7/15- SYI for 15/16 12:30-3:00 PM
1/15/15- SYI for 15/16 9:00-11:30 AM
1/15/15 – DASL/EMIS Open Lab 12:30 PM -2:30 PM
1/21/15- SYI for 15/16 9:00-11:30 AM
1/21/15 – DASL/EMIS Open Lab 12:30 PM -2:30 PM
1/29/15- DASL Public Course Request
DASL (Student Information) Update
1) Look at 2012-2013 and 2013-2014 course history on 2014 graduates who earned dual credit. Determine how their courses were entered into DASL:
a) Manually entered courses or
b) Course History via marks earned from the students scheduled course section
2) If 2014 graduates have courses entered via the option (b) above ensure the course is flagged dual credit on the general tab of the course screen.
3) Navigate to the new College Credit Management screen added at Management>Ad-Hoc Updates> College Credit Management. This screen allows you to bulk update the correct college credit value for dual credit courses of students enrolled in dual credit courses during the school year in context. (Note: The GC extract now uses the update college credit values for students in Period G of the school year in context. (ProgressBook StudentInformation Ad-Hoc Updates Guide))
3) For option (a) above use the second tab called Manually Entered Courses. For option (b) above use the first tab to correct the college credit eared.
3) After entering the college credit earned for students ensure you click Save.
4) Notify your EMIS coordinator that dual credit data is entered.
The recent 14.6.7 DASL hotfix included many EMIS Enhancements/Updates to the product. Please note the following updates below:
For the Student Reporting Collection (Period S)
• Distance transported value added to the Student Transportation (FP) extract for community schools.
• Discipline (DISCEMIS) verify process added to Student Reporting Collection S
• District Testing (DT), Student Acceleration (FB), Student Discipline (GD) and Student Gifted Education (GG) transfer processes added to Student Reporting Collection S
• Student Standing (FS) transfer updated to include hours values for attendance instead of days.
For Special Education reporting:
*10 - Student newly transferred in – IEP adoption determination not complete, service being provided based on prior IEP
For exporting Pre-Identification for the science and social studies file:
• For students with a disability condition of 09 (intellectual disabilities) in position 231, now correctly populates column AB with “ID.”
• Student middle names of “*” now replaced with blank space.
• Now includes any student taking the AASCD alternate assessment regardless of whether they have a science or social studies class.
• Now marks students taking the AASCD assessment as “N – Not Eligible” in elements 220-225.
• Option added to StudentInformation to create separate files for AASWD and OCBA and to choose file type and delivery method. (See documentation under ?icon- End User Guide-Import Export Guide)
ProgressBook GradeBook Update
As the quantity of assignments increases for the reporting period, there are display settings for the Grade Book Grid that will allow the most recent assignments to be listed on the first page. These preferences are in a pink box at the bottom of the Grade Book Grid page. Once selected, be sure to Save Preferences and Refresh Page.
Special Services Update
Locking Pages/ Forms
You can lock a page you are working on to prevent other users from viewing, editing, opening, printing or completing a page. You can only access a locked page if you are the user who locked the page or you have the appropriate security privileges.
1. With the desired task displayed on the Open Tasks screen, click the link for the page you want to lock. The selected page opens on the Page Edit screen.
2. Select the Locked check box. (As shown below)
3. If you have no additional changes to make to the page, click Close.
On the Open Tasks screen, displays next to the page name, indicating that the page is now locked. Any attachments associated to the page are also locked
Please note: Only the user who locked the page or users with Confidential Override security privileges can unlock a page. All pages must be unlocked before you can complete a task unless you are the user who locked the page or you have Confidential Override security privileges
Student Services Update