NEOnet- Did you know?
Every month we offer a NEOnet organizational fun fact you may have never known!
NEOnet's climate controlled facility and meeting center can serve up to 160 people comfortably in 10 designated conference training spaces. If you need to rent space from us please contact dclayton[at]neonet[dot]org
All trainings will be held in the NEOnet Lab (unless otherwise stated) Please sign up using our calendar links: https://portal.neonet.org/calendar/month
8/15/19- Student Services Open Lab 9:00 AM
8/15/19 – Gradebook Setup Meeting –Copley High School- 8:30 AM
8/16/19- Gradebook Report Card Testing 9:00 AM
8/22/19- Student Services Open Lab 1:00 PM
8/23/19- New EMIS Coordniator offered by ODE @ ODE- Register via SAFE account
8/28/19- Student Services Open Lab 1:00 PM-3:00 PM
9/4/19- Student Services Open Lab 1:00 PM
9/5/19- DASL Overview For New Administrators 1:00 PM- 3:00 PM
9/6/19 – Sps New User Training 9:00 AM
9/6/19 – Sps New User Training 1:00 PM
9/9/19- SPS 504 Plan Training 2:00 PM
9/10/19 Sps Special Services EMIS Training 9:00 AM
9/10/19 Sps Special Services EMIS Training 1:00 PM
9/12/19- Student Services Open Lab 1:00 PM
9/12/19- Gradebook Staff/Student Cleanup 9:00 AM
9/19/19- How a Teacher uses Gradebook 9:00
9/20/19 – Sps New User Training 9:00 AM
9/24/19- Gradebook for Principals 1:00 am - 2:30 PM
9/25/19- DASL/GradeBook Admin Roundtable- NEOnet Room B- 9:00 AM -11:30 AM
9/25/19- Student Services Open Lab 1:00 PM-3:00 PM
9/27/19 Sps Special Services User Group Meeting 9:00 AM
9/27/19 EMIS and SPS Working Together 11:00 AM
DASL (Student Information) Update
No more Internet Explorer!- Just a reminder that DASL/Student Information no longer works in Internet Explorer. Functionality in some screens have been lost, and even website errors will pop up when switching between buildings.
It is now recommended to use Google Chrome as the browser when working in DASL. Firefox also still functions but is not supported by Software Answers. If users want to have two instances of DASL open, Chrome and Firefox works. Alternatively, in Chrome you can press Ctrl+ Shift + N to bring up a new incognito window.
A few quick reminders for DataMap!
- New Staff: Ensure DataMap - General Access has been assigned in StudentInformation/DASL at the District Level so they have access to their students in DataMap
- Summer Data: Please verify all of your data: ACT, SAT, OST, AP etc.. has been loaded and ready for the new school year
- Verify you have closed your RIMPs from the 2018-2019 school year. This will need to be done prior to creating RIMPs for students in the 2019-2020 school year.
- DataMap > Menu > Interventions > RIMPS
- Change Year* to 2018-2019 > Click Find
- Status should be Closed. If not, select all students > click Close RIMP
- Enter End Date
- Click I am sure I want to close this RIMP
- Click Confirm
- If you receive a yellow warning message “One or more of the selected RIMP already contains an end date: if you click Confirm, you will override the data.”
- This is only a warning message indicating an end date has manually been entered on the RIMP (this does not close the RIMP).
- Please continue with Confirm to Close the RIMP
- Once the RIMP is closed for 2018-2019 the teachers will no longer be able to update/modify the 2018-2019 student RIMP only view the information.
- RIMP Codes are school year specific
- Update the RIMP codes to be used for the 2019-2020 school year
- DataMap > Menu > Admin > Manage RIMP Codes
- MAP assessments.
- District that use the MAP assessment may have the MAP scores list on the elementary report cards created in ProgressBook/GradeBook.
- Please contact NEOnet if you have interested
- NEOnet has a new Shared Services available for DataMap customers where NEOnet will load and maintain all your data for the school year for $0.50 per student. Please contact NEOnet if you are interested.
- DataMap training- Please contact DataMap if you are interested in training/professional development whether you are starting the RIMP process this school year or would like refresher training.
FY19 Child Outcome Summary Collection – Closes August 30, 2019
FY20 Collections Open
- Retention – Open through August 30, 2019
- Initial Calendar – Now open until September 30th
- Make sure exceptions are put in
- Students are assigned to sub-calendars
- PD and Teacher conferences are entered
- SOES Beginning of Year
- SOES Student Contact Collection
- Student Cross Reference
Open August 12, 2019 to August 22, 2019
- FY19 Final Calendar
- FY19 Final Staff/Course
- FY19 OGT Assessments
- FY19 Alternate Assessment
- FY19 OELPA
- FY19 Other Accountability
FY20 Retention Data Appeal will be open from September 3rd to 5th
Data Review and Verification – Part 1
Reminder: EMIS Data Review and Verification forms are part of EMIS reporting. Superintendents are legally required to review and certify the quality of data.
Open through September 6, 2019
- FY19 Spring End of Course
- FY19 State Assessment Gr 3-8
- FY19 Fall 3rd Gr ELA and Reading
- FY19 End of Year Student Collection
- FY19 SOES End of Year Student Collection
- FY19 DPR Growth Assessment
FY19 Data Review for Report Card Data Part 2
Open through September 6, 2019
- FY19 OGT Assessment Collection
- FY19 Spring Alternate Assessment Collection
- FY19 Other Accountability Assessments
- FY19 Calendar Collection - Final
- FY19 Final Staff and Course Collection
- FY19 OELPA Assessment Collection
FY19 CTE March (D) Follow-up Data Review
Open through September 6, 2019
Organizations required to report CTE follow up data in March (D)
Special Services Update
The Special Services (Sps) software has gotten a long-awaited refresh this school year. The Special Services 19.0 Refresh moved to the StudentInformation (DASL) platform and includes new navigation, improved student profile, Auto Save and Auto Lock on documents and a 30 day recycle bin. Coventry Local Schools, Cuyahoga Heights Local Schools and Maplewood Career Center are piloting the program and are preparing and training for the move. The remaining districts will move to the refresh later in the year.